After the recent upsurge of demonetization, more and more people have resorted to digital transactions. But it is tough to shred off the age-old habit of dealing with notes and coins and using cards and online applications for monetary transactions. While some are confused, others are skeptical about the security of their accounts.
Are you facing the same issues? Are you still in search of that e-payment mode where payments can be made just with a wink of an eye and assure you of cent percent safety of your account details? Then check out Google’s newly launched mobile application, Google Pay (TEZ). Let us check if this app truly fulfils the needs of digital India.
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a stand-alone application that caters to the mobile payment service in India. This application uses Unified Payment Interface (UPI) for monetary transactions across banks. The app has made its debut in the Indian market on 17th September 2017. The application lets the Indian users go for e-payments bypassing the need for NFC accounts. It is also in news that in the future, phones from Nokia, Micromax, Lava, and Panasonic will come with a pre-loaded version of Google Pay.
Earlier, the name of this application was Google Tez, but now its name is Google Pay.
Who can use?
This app primarily focuses on e-payments made in India. Both Android and iOS phone users can use Google Pay. Google Pay has tie-ups with major Indian banks, and hence if you have a bank account, you are eligible to use this application. From college students, office goers, housewives entrepreneurs to small shop owners, anyone can experience the benefits of digital transactions with Google Pay.
How to use?
As this application was made keeping in mind the Indian market, Google has kept it simple. Interested in using Google Pay?
Follow the below steps for use Gpay:
- Choose your preferred language.
- Enter the mobile number which is linked to your bank account.
- Link your Google Account with the TEZ.
- Create a PIN or use device lock for the app security.
- Add a bank account.
- Create your UPI ID or enter UPI if you already have one.
- Enter your debit card details which is linked to the same mobile number which you have entered.
- Enter the 4 digit UPI PIN.
- You are ready to use Google TEZ.
Why opt for Google Pay?
Google has introduced Google Pay keeping in mind the unique needs of customers and business owners in India. It has a different interface for both of these segments. Just as the software testing company thoroughly checks an application before launching it, in the same way, Google has paid a lot of attention to how it can be made better for the Indian people before launching this application.
- Merchants can ensure secure payments and easily interact with customers with "Google pay for business". Along with this, they can also promote their goods and services through this app instantly.
- As a customer, you can use this digital payment mode to send money to your family across India, pay for movie tickets, restaurant bills, and even to small shops in your neighbourhood.
- Small merchants and consumers need not pay anything by using the app. Users can directly make payments to the bank account of another Google Pay user.
- There are different ways in which you can use Google Pay. From the traditional methods of using account numbers to the modern way of using QR codes to send money, from phone numbers to UPI IDs, transact the way you want. And the spark? You can even transact using cash mode through this app. Just say the amount, and it gets sent to the user through the ultrasonic audio feature!
- Google Pay eliminates the need for creating different accounts or e-wallets.
- Last but not least, besides all other advantages, Google Pay comes with an awesome reward program. You can earn Rs 51/- for each referral when the referral makes the first payment. There are some terms and conditions for this referral program, like:
- The user will be paid only once for referring the same person.
- A user can earn a maximum of Rs 9,000/- in a single financial year.
- The offer is available only till April 2018.
So now Google is not only your favourite search engine, but you are also a reliable helper for mobile payments. Be free from cash with this innovation.